poke-devel

Re: Poke rpm package and test failures on i586, armv7l, ppc64 and ppc64l

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: Poke rpm package and test failures on i586, armv7l, ppc64 and ppc64le
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 11:50:14 +0100

Hi Dan.

    I have created a rpm spec file for poke and published it in openSUSE's
    open build service:
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:dancermak:poke/poke

Nice.

    It currently builds for Fedora, openSUSE, SLE 15 and CentOS 8, but there
    are some architecture specific failures: the testsuite fails
    consistently on i586, armv7l, ppc64 and ppc64le.

    If anyone wants to take a stab to stomp out the test failures, you can
    view the testsuite/poke.log file when you click on a failed build and
    press the blue "Download logfile" button at the bottom of the page. The
    poke.log file is printed in its full glory when an error occurred.

    The number of test failures also varies quite a lot. For instance on
    ppc64le only one test fails, on ppc64 it's 2, on i586 it's 65 and on
    armv7l it's 68 (I guess the later two hit some unexpected 32 bit
    issues).

    Any ideas what could be causing these test failures?

I will take a look, and file bugs accordingly.
Thanks! :)