poke-devel

Re: bug tracker or mailing list

From: Bruno Haible
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 00:39:54 +0200

Hi José,

>     How to reproduce:
>
>     $ poke
>     .load gmo.pk
>
> I added an entry in our bugzilla to track this bug.
> Thanks for reporting.

Ah, I now see that in the homepage you write

  There are two ways to report problems in GNU poke. One is to write a bug
  report and send it to poke-devel, our development mailing list. The other
  is to file a bug in our bug tracker.

But I had only looked at the 'poke --help' output. For consistency, it
would be good to change the 'poke --help' output: Replace

  Report bugs to: poke-devel@gnu.org

with

  Report bugs in the bug tracker at
  <https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/describecomponents.cgi?product=poke>
  or by email to <poke-devel@gnu.org>.

(or the other way around, depending on which of the two reporting channels
you prefer).

I have done so in GNU gettext, when I realized that I didn't want bug
reports to get unhandled just because they were submitted by mail.

Bruno