poke-devel

Re: Documentation

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: Documentation
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 08:10:23 +0200

Hi Mohammad-Reza.

Sorry for the delay replying this: I had a week off :)

> Suggestion 1:
>   Please add HTML version of reference documentation (Texinfo) in the
>   web site.

The manual is way far from being finished.  I think publishing it could
confuse people at this point.

> Suggestion 2:
>   We need more tutorials for newcomers (in text format). Currently Jose have
>   two great talks (at "All Systems Go! 2019" and "Kernel Recipes 2019") and
>   these are the only tutorials for the editor and the language.
>
>   They are absolutely awesome but they're not enough!

Nope :)  They are also quickly getting obsolete.

>   So I wrote a tutorial for Poke; you can find it [here][1]. It's inspired by
>   tutorials at [LearnXinYminutes.com](https://learnxinyminutes.com/).
>   The source is located [here][2]
>
>   I'd be happy if you put (improved version of) this tutorial on the web site.
>   What do you think about this? Comments? Feedbacks?

Very nice stuff!

Went thru it and have a few comments, but it would help if you could
send learn-poke-in-y-minutes.pk as either inline or as an attachment so
we can discuss it here.  (The gitlab.com link you provided won't work
with a Javascript-disabled browser, and wget'ting it gives a useless
.html document.)

Thanks!