poke-devel

Re: [RFC] redoxfs.pk: Pickle for RedoxFS file system

From: Mohammad-Reza Nabipoor
Subject: Re: [RFC] redoxfs.pk: Pickle for RedoxFS file system
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 20:56:57 +0330

Hi, Jose.

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 06:52:42AM +0100, Jose E. Marchesi wrote:

> I am thinking, maybe we should allow _print methods with additional
> optional arguments, like:
>
>  method _print = (int reverse_p = 0) void: { ... }
>
> The additional arguments would need to be optional, but maybe this is
> useful enough?

I think having more control over the output is useful for users (especially
for complex structures).

> But it would probably be a better abstraction too add a
> RedoxFS_Filesystem like this:
>
> type RedoxFS_Filesystem =
>   struct
>   {
>     RedoxFS_Header header;
>     RedoxFS_Node root @ header.root;
>
>     method visit_extents (RedoxFS_EVisitor v) uint64:
>     {
>       /* Like above but using root instead of RedoxFS_Node @ root. */
>     }
>   }
>
> WDYT?

`RedoxFS_Filesystem` is a very good idea!

```poke
type RedoxFS_Filesystem =
  struct
  {
    RedoxFS_Header header;
    RedoxFS_Node root @ header.root;
    RedoxFS_Node[] nodes;

    method visit_extents = (RedoxFS_EVisitor v, RedoxFS_Node n = root) uint64:
      {
        /* ... */
      }
    method walk = (RedoxFS_Visitor v, RedoxFS_Node n = root) void:
      {
        /*...*/
      }
  };