poke-devel

results on CentOS 7 and 8

From: Bruno Haible
Subject: results on CentOS 7 and 8
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 21:00:42 +0100

With the patches I posted, I get the following build results:

* CentOS 7.8/x86_64:
  - I installed the prerequisites through
    $ sudo yum install gc-devel readline-devel json-c-devel tcl-devel tk-devel
dejagnu
  - "make", "make check" work fine. No test failures.
  - "make install" installs a working 'poke' and a not working 'poke-gui'.
    (tcllib is not available as a package on this platform.)

* CentOS 8/x86_64:
  - I installed the prerequisites through
    $ sudo dnf install readline-devel tcl-devel tk-devel libnbd-devel
  - Since package gc-devel does not exist, I installed it from source.
    For this reason, I had to set PKG_CONFIG_PATH.
  - "make", "make check" work fine. (Nothing tested, since dejagnu is not
available
    as a package on this platform.)
  - "make install" installs a working 'poke' and a not working 'poke-gui'.
    (tcllib is not available as a package on this platform.)
  - Hyperlinks with 'app' protocol are visible but don't work.

Bruno