poke-devel

Re: GPT pickles

From: Марьин Денис
Subject: Re: GPT pickles
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2023 23:07:21 +0200

Thanks, Mohammad-Reza, understood.
Glad that my work is interesting to community.

BRs,
Denis.

On Sat, Sep 9, 2023, 10:56 PM Mohammad-Reza Nabipoor <mnabipoor@gnu.org> wrote:

Hello Denis.

On Sat, Sep 09, 2023 at 10:49:36PM +0200, Марьин Денис via poke-devel wrote:
> Hello poke devels,
>
> Could you please clarify, did you decide to throw away GPT pickles provided
> recently?

I polished your patch (mostly source code reformating).
I wanted to send it here for final approval from jemarch.
But decided to add my improvements (i.e., changing a few fields to offsets).
I'm playing with `parted' program to make sure that I get everything right.

> If so -- why? I think they are pretty useful as is, and, while not perfect,
> can be a base for future improvements by community.

Your patch will be part of upstream soon.
And thank you again for your nice work.

Regards,
Mohammad-Reza