proofreaders

Re: More proofreading needed for the Emacs manual

From: Gaute B Strokkenes
Subject: Re: More proofreading needed for the Emacs manual
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 22:41:14 +0200

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, address@hidden wrote:
>> From: Gaute B Strokkenes <address@hidden>
>> Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 00:50:32 +0200
>> >
>> > The file is emacs-manual.tar.gz, it's on alpha.gnu.org in
>> > gnu/emacs/unreadable/pretest/.
>>
>> donald:~$ cd em donald:~/em$ makeinfo emacs.texi -o emacs.info
>> emacs.texi:1398: @include doclicense.texi: No such file or
>> directory.  emacs.texi:1479: @include maintaining.texi: No such
>> file or directory.  emacs.texi:1491: @include macos.texi: No such
>> file or directory.  ./emacs.texi:1002: Next reference to
>> nonexistent node `GNU Free Documentation License'.
>> ./emacs.texi:1399: Prev reference to nonexistent node `GNU Free
>> Documentation License'.  ./building.texi:4: Next reference to
>> nonexistent node `Maintaining'.
>
> The manual sources are not supposed to be buildable.  I've made the
> archive under the assumption that people will read the Texinfo
> sources.
>
> If people need to build the Info manual, I'll have to add more
> files.

At least macos.texi would be useful, since it's a bit tricky to review
that part of the manual without being able to read it at all.  I could
probably scrounge the other files from somewhere on my system, but I
don't see how it would harm to add them either.

--
Big Gaute                               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/
Hello...  IRON CURTAIN?  Send over a SAUSAGE PIZZA!