protux-devel

Re: [Protux-devel] protux 0.20.1 -> Not working :-(

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] protux 0.20.1 -> Not working :-(
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 23:48:47 +0100

Hi Reinhard,

> > Can you guys please see if it still works on your system?
>
> ok,
> compilation went fine as well as playing.
> Recording too, but I just have no levels in bus monitor when a track is set
> to armed.

Good to here it's working, but a bit strange you don't have levels in your bus
monitor for recording. If I remember well, you had this problem before?

> Also select a clip via ^C<S> isn't working ... jmb info shows a message
> about selecting a song.

Thats true, JMB isn't able to handle this correctly with protux 0.20.x The
only thing you can do is ^C<SD> (yes I know, thats far from perfect, but
0.30.x should handle this better, oh and I forgot to answer to your previous
mail about CVS version not reacting on keys, thats also true, things needs
still to be implemented before it works with the new JMB engine. For details
ask Luciano ;-) )

After some investigation I found out that ALSA only allows a  period size of
0 !!!!
Really strange, because arts is working perfectly here, and nothing in the
code or my computer setup has changed since :-(
Probably a bug in this specific version of ALSA I'm using...

Best wishes,

Remon