pspp-dev

Re: Assertion in sort.c

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Assertion in sort.c
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 16:54:26 +0800

On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 12:01:41AM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:

     > OK.  I've checked in patch which partially fixes the problems.

     Should be fixed now.  Works for me.

Thanks. (I thought merge_once looked suspicious, so I tried fixing it, but
without the casefile fixes, it made things worse. So I concluded that
Ben must have had a good reason for using a negative index into an
array ....)

     I added a test pattern to the casefile tests which detects the
     main problem that had to be fixed.  If you're happy with that,
     you could remove the big-input-2.sh test, which does take a
     really long time compared to the other tests.

I'd feel happier with an end to end test, but I've checked in a patch
to that big-input-2 which takes the total execution time down (on my
machine) from 20 seconds to 5 seconds.

John

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3