pspp-dev

RE: Latest CVS compile on Mac OS X

From: Marshall DeBerry
Subject: RE: Latest CVS compile on Mac OS X
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 20:47:01 -0500

Ok, I've got things back on track now.  PSPP compiled and created and
executable this time around.  Two things I did:
1.  I used fink to update all packages on the system.  Only 4 were updated,
but one was the m4 package, which is used in building pspp.
2.  After updating the m4 packages, I did a complete, from scratch, fresh
install from the CVS tree.

The compile went just fine.  My suspicion is that something went wrong with
the merge of new files from the CVS repository with the older files I had in
my original pspp directory when I did the CVS update.  Its possible having
the newer m4 update may have helped, but I have feeling that it was the CVS
update that went awry somehow.

I'll play around some more with this version later and see how it goes.
Marshall