pspp-dev

Re: Long variable names

From: Jaap-Andre de Hoop
Subject: Re: Long variable names
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:00:00 +0200

At 12:23 13-04-2005, you wrote:
I've finally committed a change implementing long variable names.

* Variable names can now be up to 64 bytes long (this doesn't
  necessarily mean 64 characters).

* System files can now be read and written in spss V12 format.

* As this makes a change to the system file format, I've bumped the
  version by one minor unit.  We're now on pspp 0.3.2

This sounds great!!!!!
I hope I have time to install it soon and perform some tests... Unfortunately I have to reinstall my linuxmachine completely so it may take a while :-(

We are currently working with variable names like d1_2c$ (meaning question beloging to a 'Likertscale', on page 1, second question, third item, containing open answer from respondent) For example the question:
It becomes a problem with more than 10 questions on page 100 ;-)

Are long value/variable labels included as well?

Thanks,

Jaap-Andre