pspp-dev

Re: 3rd Party compatibility

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: 3rd Party compatibility
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 20:01:07 -0700

> I suppose it would be possible to use the case_size value if it's valid
> (case_size != -1) , and otherwise do it the nasty way.  But then who
> knows if some product might come up with a system file which gives an
> apparantly valid, but incorrect value ....

I would just assume that we should do it "the nasty way" if
case_size is out of a reasonable range.

> Ben, where did you get the information for the format descibed in
> Appendix D of the manual?  Did you just reverse engineer it, or find it
> written somewhere?

A spec used to be available from the spss.com website.  The same file
is now available from http://www.wotsit.org/download.asp?f=spssdata
--
"Welcome to the Slippery Slope. Here is your handbasket.
 Say, can you work 70 hours this week?"