[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Psppire GUI status
Psppire GUI status
Thu, 3 Nov 2005 13:10:02 +0800
Well I've done some more work on the GUI. It's barely functional
to the extent that you can now write to *.SAV files with it.
Here's what you should be able to do with it:
* Enter variable in the variable sheet.
* Delete variables.
* Adjust column widths --- the width in the data sheet should
automatically update when you enter a new value, and vici-versa.
* Add labels to variables.
* Change varible names, types and formats.
* Enter data in the data sheet (but don't expect it to be properly
* Save data to a system file --- should create a good file, so long
as the data is good (currently there's nothing to stop you entering
invalid data in the data sheet --- eg letters in numeric variables).
* Clear the data and variable sheets (using File-->New).
If you find there are problems doing any of the above, please let me know.
What you can't (yet) do:
* Add Value Labels.
* Add Missing Values.
* Change Align or Measure properties.
* Change details of Custom Currencies, Dates or Dollar formats.
* Load system files.
* Scroll the data/var sheets.
* Enter more cases/variables than the hard coded limits.
* Statistical analysis.
Building it is still cumbersome, but more robust than before. However,
I have moved up a few versions of everything. I'm not sure exactly what
the dependencies are, but I'm using:
libtoolize (GNU libtool) 1.5.20
automake (GNU automake) 1.9.6
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
Please note also, that you must run Psppire from the base psppire directory
where it was built. If your current directory is psppire/src or anywhere
else, then it won't work.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3
fingerprint = 8797 A26D 0854 2EAB 0285 A290 8A67 719C 2DE8 27B3
See http://pgp.mit.edu or any PGP keyserver for public key.
Description: Digital signature
- Psppire GUI status,
John Darrington <=