pspp-dev

Re: time to check in?

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: time to check in?
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 14:17:43 +0800

On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 09:53:12AM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     I'm beginning to wonder whether it would be better to check in
     the set of changes we have now.  It has changed from being a
     brief "reorganization" to a major code cleanup.  That's not
     necessarily a bad thing, but it means that it becomes more
     difficult to coordinate.  CVS isn't perfect but it does make it
     easier to coordinate changes.

     We don't have to get the file names perfect yet.  As long as a
     ChangeLog exists to explain what's been done (I assume you'll be
     adding your own ChangeLog entries before you check in), we can
     figure out what happened over a series of renames.

     Also I worry about becoming less transparent to outsiders.
     Anyone who looks at the CVS tree at the moment will think nothing
     much is going on.  That's certainly not true.

     I dunno.  What do you guys think?

Let's do the renaming, as good as we reasonably can, and then
check-in.

Oh, and can we make a decision about lib/linreg ?  I'm of the opinion
that everything except sweep.[ch] should be moved to src/math

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3