pspp-dev

Re: obsd build include trouble

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: obsd build include trouble
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 18:57:04 -0800

> On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 06:22:39PM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:
>
>      I installed a copy of BSD make here on my Debian GNU/Linux
>      system.  For me, in-tree builds work fine, but out-of-tree builds
>      fail the way you show.  That's what I'd expect: I don't think
>      that anything but GNU make works for out-of-tree builds.
>
> There's no reason we can't make this work for vanilla make.

I found a message in the automake list that states that
out-of-tree builds only work for GNU make:
        http://sourceware.org/ml/automake/2001-01/msg00073.html

The message could be out-of-date or just wrong, I suppose.

> I just have to get around to doing it.  So far as I'm aware,
> the only targets that still depend on GNU Make features are the
> gtk things and src/message.o and src/procedure.o
>
> Are these last two going to be moved any time soon?  If not, then I'll
> fix up the build so as to cope with them.  But if they're going away
> soon, then I'll wait for that to happen.

If you have time to deal with it, please do so.  I am planning to
"fix" those files, but realistically it'll be a while before I
have time to do so.
--
Ben Pfaff
email: address@hidden