pspp-dev

Re: OK to fix warnings in GUI code?

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: OK to fix warnings in GUI code?
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 16:13:55 +0800

On Sat, Apr 15, 2006 at 05:59:31PM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     I see quite a few warnings in GUI code (shown below).  John, is
     it okay for me to touch this code?  I don't think anyone but you
     has worked on the GUI up until now, so I don't want to disturb
     anything that you're in the middle of hacking on.

I've not been working on this code recently so I'm happy if you want
to fix these.

Many of the unused variable warnings are in stub functions, which
currently do nothing, but will probably be used later.  I was going to
leave these, but if you feel that the warnings are too annoying, then
I suppose it's trivial to add them back later.  Isn't there a GCC
specific qualifier to get rid of unused variable warning?  I can't
remember what it is.

I'm aware that there are also some constness issues which may not be
trivial to fix.  Some of the code needs to be rethought.  I was going
to wait until I had the improved error handling API,  available before
thinking about this.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3