pspp-dev

Re: time series

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: time series
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 17:28:50 -0700

> On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 10:37:46PM -0400, Jason Stover wrote:
>      Does anyone mind if I start adding some time series
>      routines to src/math? I know I mentioned writing a neural
>      network procedure before, but I have a more urgent need
>      for time series models.
>
> I think that the spss system file format has a special way of storing
> time series data, that PSPP doesn't yet support.  Maybe that does't
> concern you, but I just thought I'd mention it.

The reference I have for the SPSS system file format has a
section that starts like this:

    1.6.4 Recode Type 7, Subtype6: TRENDS Date Variable Information

    This record is written only if the file contains TRENDS date
    information. It contains six integers of fixed information plus
    three integers for each date variable, including DATE . SPSS
    release 6.0 or later can write records of this type.

The full info is at
        http://www.wotsit.org/download.asp?f=spssdata

This isn't included in the PSPP manual yet because, as John says,
we don't support it yet.
--
Regarding a Microsoft/Xerox agreement:
        "This is a match made in heaven.