pspp-dev

Re: contributions from statisticians

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: contributions from statisticians
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 10:24:52 -0700

Jason: I like your ideas.  I still think it is important to make
input parsing and output formatting as easy as possible, but you
have a good point that even hooking in the mathematical parts is
a difficult problem too.

The details are more difficult, of course--but the details you
propose seem OK to me, especially since it sounds like you are
volunteering to try helping out statisticians.  (Is there a word
for this?  "mentoring"?  "shepherding"?)

Jason Stover <address@hidden> writes:

> I would be happy to write a file called 'CONTRIBUTING' and put that in
> CVS. Maybe we could even put something on savannah where statistical
> programmers will find it.

This sounds like a good way to start, to me.

If you want to make it more prominent on Savannah, then you could
use the "News" feature to post a pointer to it.  We haven't used
the news feature before, even to point out our 0.4.0 release, but
perhaps we should take advantage of it.
--
"Mon peu de succès près des femmes est toujours venu de les trop aimer."
--Jean-Jacques Rousseau