pspp-dev

[task #5698] First draft of CONTRIBUTING file

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: [task #5698] First draft of CONTRIBUTING file
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 22:44:28 -0700

Follow-up Comment #3, task #5698 (project pspp):

This looks to me like a good first draft.

I'm surprised that this implies that the only, or at least primary,
difficulty in adding code to PSPP is hooking in the statistical
functionality.  My guess is that input parsing and output formatting are at
least as much work, although they do tend to be more rote typing than
difficult work.

What is your plan for documentation (to go in the PSPP manual, I mean; not
internal code documentation)?  Would you expect the author to contribute at
least a skeleton, or would you plan to write it yourself, or some
combination?

I think I had other comments on an earlier reading, but I don't remember what
they were now (several hours later).  If I recall what they were, I'll post
them separately.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5698>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/