pspp-dev

Re: assertion failure in case.c

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: assertion failure in case.c
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 08:56:50 +0800

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 10:05:46AM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     Jason, can you try to get a more detailed report by running
             make check TESTS=tests/command/sort.sh SUPERVISOR='gdb --args'
     and running `backtrace' when the assertion hits.

     I see that sort.sh actually runs PSPP several times, so before
     you do that, you might want to add
             echo "$count_repeat_buffers"
     to the top of the for loop at the end of sort.sh so that you can
     see which run actually fails.  Then you can change the for loop
     so that it only runs the one that fails.  If it's, say, the 10th
     run that fails, that'll save you some time with GDB.

I get the same failure (and several others) under GNU/Linux, if I
compile with -DDEBUGGING enabled.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3