pspp-dev

libglade and psppire

From: Jason Stover
Subject: libglade and psppire
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 15:05:40 -0400

I just installed libglade 2.0.1. I still get this problem when
starting psppire:

(psppire:5317): libglade-WARNING **: unknown widget class 'GtkToolButton'

libglade complains here in glade-xml.c, in the function
glade_xml_build_widget():

/* Call GladeXml's lookup_type() virtual function to get the gtype: */
type = (* GLADE_XML_GET_CLASS(self)->lookup_type) (self, info->classname);

if (type == G_TYPE_INVALID) {
  char buf[50];
  g_warning("unknown widget class '%s'", info->classname);
  g_snprintf(buf, 49, "[a %s]", info->classname);
  ret = gtk_label_new(buf);

The problem is that the widget class is "GtkToolButton", which
libglade does not recognize.

This is a problem with the following window managers: Ratpoison,
Fluxbox and fvwm2. I haven't tested it with Gnome. Something I
read in the libglade doc made me think that the trouble is that
the window managers I used do not provide initialisation for
the widget classes.

Any clues? Is gtk meant only for Gnome?

-Jason