pspp-dev

[patch #5491] Eliminated global variable current_dataset

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: [patch #5491] Eliminated global variable current_dataset
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 02:47:40 +0000

Update of patch #5491 (project pspp):

             Assigned to:                     blp => jmd

Follow-up Comment #1:

I expected this to be awful and invasive, because of the need to add
"struct dataset *" arguments to so many functions.  But it's not
nearly as bad as I expected.  On the whole, it's a significant
improvement.  Thank you for writing this.

I have a few other comments:

Grammar of comment changed in dictionary.c got mangled.

There are several typedef declarations for function pointer types in
procedure.h.  Instead of typedef'ing a pointer to function type,
please typedef the function type itself, and then specify the "pointer
to" part in each declaration that needs it.  I prefer this form
because the typedef can then be used for function prototypes and
because I don't like to hide pointers behind typedefs.  Also, it is
consistent with the style used elsewhere in PSPP.

Also, I'd prefer not to use a _t suffix on type names, because all
identifiers that end in _t are reserved by POSIX (see
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/xsh_chap02_02.html).
For function types, I like to just have their names end in _func.

parse_dict_variable could be renamed to parse_variable now.

Now I have to go fix a bunch of conflicts against my working
directories...

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?5491>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/