pspp-dev

Re: Dependencies

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Dependencies
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 07:01:53 +0900

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 09:16:57AM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:

     > I ran it on our src directory and the result is at
     > http://darrington.wattle.id.au/pspp/pspp.png
     >
     > There are a number of surprises, including some cyclic dependencies,
     > which I shall endeavour to correct.

     It is much simpler than I would have guessed.

     I'm not sure that the language/data-io <-> language/dictionary
     circular dependency are necessarily a problem, or the math <->
     math/linreg one either.

     libpspp <-> data is a bit of a surprise and perhaps it should be
     fixed.

I've already fixed that one. It crept in with the recent getl changes.

I was surprised that output depends on math.  That's some nonsense
with the way that charts are organised.

To me, the diagram just seems to be calling out that the whole of
language/* needs rethinking.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3