pspp-dev

Re: release plans

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: release plans
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 06:52:39 -0800

> I understand that R can read SAS files, so if we're going to make PSPP
> do so, then we should look into the possibility of using their code to
> do the job.

I didn't know that SAS could do that, but now that I've looked, I
don't think it changes the situation much: it can read the
documented SAS transport format natively; it can read other SAS
formats only by invoking an installed copy of SAS.
--
"I don't want to learn the constitution and the declaration of
 independence (marvelous poetry though it be) by heart, and worship the