pspp-dev

Re: [patch #5825] Variable constness

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: [patch #5825] Variable constness
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:38:09 -0700

Ben Pfaff <address@hidden> writes:

> John Darrington <address@hidden> writes:
>> I don't totally object to using casts instead of a template, but then,
>> in view of deque.[ch] we're not being entirely consistent.
>
> deque.[ch] is ugly too.  It's simply the approach that occurred
> to me at the time.  I'll gladly delete deque.[ch] from the
> repository and make its clients do it another way.  Perhaps
> there's even a better way to do it.  Give me a couple of days and
> I'll come up with something.

Patch #5829 de-uglifies deque.h:
        http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?5829

It still has several inline functions in the header, but they're
not embedded in a macro.  They're inline and in the .h because
they should boil down to just a few assembly instructions each,
so that the overhead of a function call would overwhelm their
runtime and likely increase the size of the generated code too.
--
"GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems,
 only some of them."