pspp-dev

Re: bug release tags

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: bug release tags
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:37:51 +0800

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 11:27:58PM -0400, Jason Stover wrote:
     On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 08:48:44AM +0800, John Darrington wrote:

     > * Dialogs for RANK, AGGREGATE, MERGE, AUTORECODE (this should probably
     >   be done at the same time as bug #18702), DESCRIPTIVES, REGRESSION,
     >   EXAMINE, COUNT ...

     I think this should have high priority if it isn't too difficult, at
     least for the DESCRIPTIVES procedure. How easy is this for a non-GUI
     expert to code in?

All the dialogs are done using glade (a point-and-click application),
so it should be fairly easy for even novice programmers to define the
appearance of the dialogs. Making the dailogs actually do things is a
little more tricky, but in many cases one can cut and paste from the
existing dialogs (I need to factor out some of the commonality).
Basically I think it's fairly easy; just boring.

There's little point adding dialogs for DESCRIPTIVES, REGRESSION and
any other procedures which generate output, unless the gui can actually
view that output.  As Ben's keen to get that functionality, I guess
that's something to look at soon.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3