pspp-dev

[patch #6117] Implement clipboard for data sheet

From: John Darrington
Subject: [patch #6117] Implement clipboard for data sheet
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 07:49:08 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, patch #6117 (project pspp):

 case-map.c has a stray #include <stdio.h> at the very top--please move it
below #include <config.h>.

OK.

 I like to maintain the convention that a module's exported symbols all start
with the module's name. So, if you don't mind, could you rename the functions
that are prototyped in case-map.h to case_map_...?

OK.

Do you think that it is useful to export dump_case_map?

(shrug) maybe?

I think that case_map_insert should write -1 into the newly allocated map
elements.

OK.

>However I found it was more convenient to directly set the map
>entries than use the {start,finish}_case_map functions. So I added
>a function to allow that.

 I wonder whether this is really a flaw in dict_clone. Perhaps it should also
clone variable case indexes. If it did, then you could just use
start_case_map...finish_case_map.

I thought of that possibility. I wasn't sure what other effects messing with
dict_clone would have.

>2. I had to remove an assertion from casereader.c, which I'm
>pretty sure is wrong, because it overlooks the possibility of a
>translator chaning the size of the case.

 I don't think I agree--shouldn't the case translator return a case of the
size that the reader expects to get? Certainly bad things will happen if it
returns a case that is smaller than expected.

 Maybe you can give an example.

Using the current patch (but put the assertion back), if you open a file with
(say) 3 variables, and select a range including only 2 of them. Click
Edit->Copy; then paste into an instance of Gnumeric.

 Can you remove the #include <config.h> from clipboard.h? <config.h> should
get included by every .c file as its first non-comment line, so there should
be no need for it in .h files.

OK.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?6117>

  Message sent via/by Savannah