pspp-dev

Re: [patch #6512] Don't use isnan, isinf, finite

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: [patch #6512] Don't use isnan, isinf, finite
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 21:56:54 -0700

[Dropping "address@hidden" from CC because I don't think
that's a valid email address.]

> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 04:27:06PM +0000, Ben Pfaff wrote:
>
>      Follow-up Comment #2, patch #6512 (project pspp):
>
>      Problems?  Do you just mean trivially fixed patch rejects?  I guess I'm
> OK
>      with that.
>
> My point is that this patch means that low level parts of pspp, (eg
> src/data) now depend upon gsl.  In order to get the perl patch to
> work, it'll now also have to link against gsl.  I suppose that is
> "trivial" to to fix, if we want to do it.  But as a long term
> solution, it's a bit of an overkill to have this perl module depending
> on gsl just for the sake of isnan and isinf.

I see.  I agree that it would be undesirable for the Perl module
to depend on GSL just for gsl_isnan et al.

I don't plan for this to be a long-term change.  The goal is to
add gnulib modules for these routines, then revert this patch.
So it shouldn't disturb the Perl module in the long term.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org