pspp-dev

Re: build problems

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: build problems
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 21:06:28 -0700

Ed <address@hidden> writes:

> Also, as an aside, requiring gettext-0.17 is quite problematic since
> it hasn't made its way into debian stable yet... Did anything really
> earth shattering change that made it impossible to carry on with
> 0.16.1? I read the gettext changelog but I didn't notice anything too
> exciting...

I can't quite recall why we updated the minimum version to 0.17.
I would suggest one of two things: reduce the minimum version
to 0.16.1 and try it, or to install gettext 0.17 from source or
from Debian unstable.

> address@hidden:~/fun/pspp$ make -f Smake GNULIB=/usr/bin/
> autoconf
> autoheader
> automake --add-missing --copy --no-force
> src/ui/terminal/automake.mk:47: RELOCATABLE_VIA_LD does not appear in
> AM_CONDITIONAL

I can't think why this would be missing, unless you have a very
old version of Gnulib or autoconf was run with some m4 files
missing.

One solution to fix this particular problem would be to install
from a distribution snapshot instead of from the CVS tree.

> address@hidden:~/fun/pspp$ automake --version
> automake (GNU automake) 1.10
> Written by Tom Tromey <address@hidden>
>        and Alexandre Duret-Lutz <address@hidden>.

I don't think that the Automake version is likely to be a
problem.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org