pspp-dev

Re: Pspp file icon

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Pspp file icon
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 09:37:01 +0800

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 09:56:44PM -0300, Michel Boaventura wrote:
     The main purpose of this icon is to be used on both shortcuts and .sav
     files. I guess new ones will be created
     to portable files and syntax. Also my uncle wants to make all the
     icons to be used on gnome. He's reading the
     gnome documentation about it and I guess that we will have pretty icons.

If he's interested in taking over the graphic design aspects of the
gui, then I'd happily hand over that role to somebody - so long as
they're prepared to assign their copyright to the FSF.

In particular, some of the icons in the toolbar need revisiting
(especially the "weights" one).  Also, we need versions of the icons
which fit with themes other than the default gnome one.  For example
icons which fit with the HighContrastLargePrint theme would be of
particular benefit to partially sighted people who use Psppire.

J'

<personal-rant>Why do we call them "icons" when the correct term is
 "pictogram"?  An "icon" is a person or thing regarded as
 representative, important or influential in a  culture or
 movement. Like rms or the Dalai Lama.</>

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3