pspp-dev

Re: Re: PSPP on translationproject

From: unknown-1
Subject: Re: Re: PSPP on translationproject
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 15:10:16 +0200

Hi jacopo

As far as I can see the easiest way to handle is to join the
translationproject. This is easy not a burden. I am now a member of
the dutch translation team with 1 assignment, PSPP. No big difference
with the past for me and the benefit is that hopefully other team
members can give me advice about the translation and maybe someone
shares the work or take over when I quit it. This way my work wouldn't
be lost if I have to quit.

The benefit for you should be that you can upload every new version,
having a backup and your companion can always use the latest version.
Besides the robot immediately checks and formats your translation and
sends a report back.

If you insist not to join a team however it is still possible to
continue your work. In the translationproject the italian translation
will than be marked as external which means noboddy should do
something with it within the translationproject.

The biggest hurdle is the FSF disclaimer. This is just that you won't
ever ask money for your translation. (As Ben may never ask money for
PSPP as far as I understand) This is not something of the
translationproject but from the GNU software.

BTW 1: I guess the only reason Ben started with the dutch translation
is because it is finished and the FSF disclaimer is registered. So it
was possible to have this operational within 48 hours and the team can
start using this translation as a test.

BTW 2: I doubt if the translationproject quickly starts a new
translation of PSPP. They are all volunteers and as you know,
translating PSPP is not that easy and for sure not a quick job.

Hope this helps

Have fun