pspp-dev

Re: build trouble

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: build trouble
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 21:57:35 -0700

Jason Stover <address@hidden> writes:

> Fresh checkout, x86 and usual GNU/Linux setup:
>
>  gcc -std=gnu99 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DEXEEXT=\"\" -I. -I.. -g -O2
> -Wdeclaration-after-statement -MT uniconv/u8-conv-from-enc.lo -MD -MP -MF
> uniconv/.deps/u8-conv-from-enc.Tpo -c uniconv/u8-conv-from-enc.c  -fPIC -DPIC
> -o uniconv/.libs/u8-conv-from-enc.o
> In file included from ./unitypes.h:21,
>                  from ./uniconv.h:23,
>                  from uniconv/u8-conv-from-enc.c:22:
> ./stdint.h:281: error: size of array '_verify_intmax_size' is negative
>
> This is a new system, so could some missing prereqruisite have gone
> unnoticed by configure?

Guido Gay reported the same problem in this thread:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/pspp-dev/2009-09/msg00008.html

He posted his config.log, at:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p25378290/config.log

I didn't look at it until now.  Now that I do, it looks like GSL
wasn't installed properly or at least it wasn't getting linked
against properly, and that made for some contradictory test
results, in that almost every attempt to try to run a test
program during configure failed with "error while loading shared
libraries: libgsl.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory " or similar errors.

Can you check your config.log for something like that?
--
"A computer is a state machine.
 Threads are for people who cant [sic] program state machines."