pspp-dev

Fwd: Call for testers

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Fwd: Call for testers
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 14:27:24 +0100

This seems to be a bug in the software.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: eric thivant <r>
Date: 2010/2/19
Subject: Re: Call for testers
To: Harry Thijssen <>

Good Morning Harry,

I have tried your new version of pspp-master version  of 20100218
psppire.exe 0.7.4-gd92412

This software opens on windows XP version 2002, service pack 3
processor intel core2 duo 2,16 Ghz, 0,99 Go RAM

When i try to save a file for the first time with the option "save.As"

the ouput windows appears and it's writen
SAVE
SaveOutfile="c:\ProgramFiles\PSPP\test\test.sav"
error: SAVE is allowed only after the active file has been defined

after when i ask to save the file there are no problem with the ouput windows
SAVE
SaveOutfile="c:\ProgramFiles\PSPP\test\test.sav"

I try the program with test.sav and it  works fines when I use the
menu analyze and descriptive statistics.

The only problem I have found is the following : I have just tried to
ask for the help file, but it is written in the output viewer
"error: cannot open reference manual: failed to execute helper program
(invalid argument)"
I will try perhaps others fonctions and i keep you inform
Best regards
Eric Thivant