pspp-dev

Multiple definitions of ___printf__

From: Michel Boaventura
Subject: Multiple definitions of ___printf__
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 19:14:40 -0300

Hello,

Using gettext with --disable-shared and gnulib causes pspp to not
compile because of multiple definitions of ___printf__. I've notified
gnulib folks about that and Bruno Haible fix it:

2010-03-25  Bruno Haible  <address@hidden>

Avoid collision between gnulib wrapper and libintl wrapper.
* lib/printf.c (printf): Don't define if a printf wrapper is already
defined in intl/printf.c.
Reported by Michel Boaventura <address@hidden>.

He also send me this email, but since my skills on autotools are very
limiteds, I really don't know how to do it:

"Also, your configure.ac should define DEPENDS_ON_LIBINTL if LIBINTL
(determined by AM_GNU_GETTEXT) evaluates to non-empty."

Could some one give me an advice? Also, I think that if it works, we
should update the recomended version of gnulib and also patch
configure.ac to use the option suggested by Bruno.

Regards,

michel