pspp-dev

Re: problem with xgettext

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: problem with xgettext
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 21:24:12 -0700

Ben Pfaff <address@hidden> writes:

> Michel Boaventura <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Now when I try to compile the master branch of pspp, I'm getting this
>> error:
>> xgettext: no input file given
>> Try `xgettext --help' for more information.
>>
>> The command which gives the error is:
>>
>> xgettext --directory=../pspp --copyright-holder="Free Software
>> Foundation, Inc." --package-name=pspp --package-version=0.7.4
>> address@hidden --add-comments='TRANSLATORS:' -j
>> --language=glade -o po/pspp.pot
>
> Hmm, UI_FILES is not getting set properly.  Can you send us the
> Makefile from your build tree?

[Michel sent the Makefile privately.  It showed that the UI_FILES
macro, expanded above, was commented out because PSPP was
configured without GUI support.]

I pushed what I think will fix this to the proposed-gettext
branch.  I have not had a chance to test it.  Can you test it and
report back the results?

Thanks,

Ben.
--
"I admire him, I frankly confess it; and when his time comes
 I shall buy a piece of the rope for a keepsake."