pspp-dev

Re: make check on mac

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: make check on mac
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 05:53:12 +0000

I suspect that a lot of these failures are failures of the tests
themselves, rather than failures of pspp.

In the logs that you sent I see a lot of lines similar to
 /private/tmp/pspp-tst-3541/3546: No such file or directory

I seem to remember this issue before on the Mac.  For some reason
it sometimes decides to prepend "/private" to canonical filenames.
Hence the test scripts don't find a file in its expected directory.

Can you suggest how we should modify the test scripts to keep the
Macs idea of the filesystem?

Also, if you run "make install" and start pspp and/or psppire, does
anything obviously go wrong?

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3