pspp-dev

Re: Is there an mechanism for automatic generation of new cases?

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Is there an mechanism for automatic generation of new cases?
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 11:55:57 +0000

Nobody seems to have followed up on this question, so I'll give it a go:

If  I understand the question correctly, then   you can do what you wnat using
the COMPUTE command.A  For example, COMPUTE X=3. will fill the variable X with
the value 3.  If X doesn't exist it will be created.   More complicated examples
are also possible, such as COMPUTE X = Y + Z -1. etc.

This can be done either from the syntax window, or using the Compute dialog box.

If you actually want to automatically create new cases, then this can be done
using  the INPUT PROGRAM syntax.  See the manual for details.