pspp-dev

Re: Features

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Features
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 21:37:34 -0700

address@hidden writes:

> Thanks for useful software. In Vilnius University (Lithuania) we use SPSS,
> and most important functions exist in PSPPIRE. But  there are some
> fetures, that is missing. So  I made a list of features, that we need,
> that is realised in PSPP 0.7.8-ge98c31; legend:
> + found in PSPPIRE, required
> - not found in PSPPIRE, required
> * found in translation file, not found in PSPPIRE, required
> ~ partly found, required
> ? not found, not required

Thank you for the list.

It would be really great if, for each missing or incomplete
feature, you would file a corresponding bug in the PSPP bug
tracking system.  That way, your feature requests will not get lost.

> And GUI of PSPPIRE is not friendly for manually entering data: you must
> manually add variables before entering data; you must manually add cases
> if cases not fit to window, copy/pasting don't add variables by
> necesarity.

I'm actually working on all of that at the moment, except for the
pasting part (I don't know what the desired behavior is; I don't
see this documented in the SPSS manuals).
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org