pspp-dev

Re: building pspp

From: Jason Stover
Subject: Re: building pspp
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 21:01:24 -0400

On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 11:52:30PM +0000, friedrich nietzsche wrote:
> I did some googling and found the following :
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UnderstandingDSOLinkChange
> This makes me think it's a change in gcc - I'm using gcc 4.6.1. The proposed
> solution is to add the so explicitly to the linker, but I'm a bit lost where
> I can do that... Any hints?

If this is the problem, then I guess the best fix is to have a build
system that accounts for the change to gcc 4.6.1. Failing that, you could
try something like

make > makeout

Then find the line in makeout that gave the error (it should be
the last line), copy that line to a file by itself (say, 'gcc-line'),
and add /usr/lib/libgsl.so.0 to the call to gcc, then try

sh gcc-line

...and hope that fixes the problem.