pspp-dev

Re: ANOVA/MANOVA

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: ANOVA/MANOVA
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 07:45:09 +0000

The Anova capabilities of PSPP are currently rather limited. Oneway
anova is supported through the ONEWAY command.  The latest master
also has the command GLM which, when complete, will be able to perform
everything you are looking for. Unfortunately, at the moment, it can
only do "latin squares" designs.

Jason Stover is working on the last bit necessary to allow a full factorial
univariate anova.  Hopefully, that will be finished soon.  From there, I think
it'll be straightforward to extend to the multivariate case.  I'm not sure
what would be involved to get it to accept covariates, which would do your
ANCOVA/MANCOVA requirements.  Maybe you would like to look into  that?

If you want to contribute code to PSPP, you should also take a look at the
PSPP developer's guide (which is in the tarball), and at the GNU Coding
Standards http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards

Thanks for your interest in PSPP.

John