pspp-dev

Re: Re: Problems opening files in PSPP 0.7.8

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Re: Problems opening files in PSPP 0.7.8
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 20:12:01 +0000

On Tue, Nov 08, 2011 at 04:47:02PM +0100, Harry Thijssen wrote:

     This solves the issue of not being able to see the files if filtered
     by type. I guess I can add that to the installer.
     (See, the attached file for the registry edit file which might be a
     workaround for people with administrator rights and know what they are
     doing.)

     There is still the problem of the errors "permission denied" for the
     directories.

That's a different problem.  I'll try to post a fix during this week.

     An additional issue will be that almost half the downloads I have is
     for the version which can be installed without administrator rights.
     Off course the user can't install this registry entry without having
     administrator rights.

According to the microsoft documentation,  HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT is supposed to
be used as a view and never written to.  Instead you write to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes for the admin version, and
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes for the user version.  Or somthing like that.

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3