pspp-dev

Re: problem with this file

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: problem with this file
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 22:58:46 +0100

2012/2/25 John Darrington <address@hidden>
[ CCing address@hidden ]

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 09:47:28PM +0100, Harry Thijssen wrote:
    >     openSUSE box also doesn't have a problem. However on MSWindows, when I
    > type
    >     the quotation mark I get the Acute Accent which afterwards gives the
    >     problem. I could only enter the correct quotation mark when entering
    > it the
    >     Gnome way with Ctrl+Shft+U
    >
    > What keyboard do you use?

    US-keyboard, but sometimes software changes it to a dutch keyboard  which
    is hardly used at all.

I wonder if the keyboard switching software is doing something wierd.  Do you find that
' gets mutated into ´ in other apps or just in psppire ?

I can´t remember seeing this behaviour before.  Maybe other users can confirm if they have the sae behaviour.

    >      Thanks for the new show additions. I used them and see the Tempdir
    > has the
    >     PSSP temp dir added with /pspp.... instead of \pspp.... as expected on
    >     mswindows. But it seems to be used so I guess that is no problem.
    > However I
    >     see that not all tempdir's are removed. I thought I saw tempdir's being
    >     removed but couldn't reproduce this reliable. When testing this, none
    > of
    >     them were removed.
    >
    > They should be removed when the program terminates.

    But they don't. Could it be that the / instead of the \ causes the
    problems?

It could be.   This code comes from gnulib.  Maybe you could try hacking this line:
 sprintf (tmpl, "%.*s/%.*sXXXXXX", (int) dlen, dir, (int) plen, pfx);
at the bottom of gl/tmpdir.c -- if that fixes the problem, then we'll have to send a
patch to the gnulib maintainers.

I will try this tomorrow.

have fun.