pspp-dev

Re: Status: Working on Tidying Up Chapter Today and Tommorrow

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Status: Working on Tidying Up Chapter Today and Tommorrow
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 20:31:05 +0000

In general, I agree.   It doesn't do any harm to repeat information for
the sake of clarity.  Although it can sometimes make maintaining the
documentation harder.

J'

On Sat, Oct 06, 2012 at 01:06:25PM -0700, Selma Leathem wrote:
     Hello All,

     Hopefully I'll be done today. As a note, I wrote the manual for an
internet audiences who tend to skim (simple (3rd grade) sentences that are
spread out, and? paragraphs kept short), and each topic is self contained,
meaning they don't need to flip back to section x to understand the current
topic. This also means that some of the material is repeated, eg in examples, I
repeatedly show how to move the variable from the left to right via one or two
extra steps and an extra one or two screen-shot diagrams. I could be wrong, but
for ease of use I would recommend keeping it that way.

     Regards,

     Selma

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3