pspp-dev

known psppsheet bugs

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: known psppsheet bugs
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 10:00:07 -0800

Here's the current list of known bugs specific to the psppsheet
branch.  I'd like comments on which ones seem important enough to
fix before merging.

Thanks,

Ben.

Both sheets
-----------

Primary Selection: Seems to be missing.  (Reported by John
Darrington.)

Switching between Data and Variable view causes the Toolbar to be
redrawn. I guess that's ok.  But it redraws in a funny way.  It seems
to redraw, then insert the buttons one by one, redrawing after each.
Looks distracting.  (Reported by John Darrington.)

Navigation:

    PSPP is missing the ability to go by just one key press to the
    beginning of a case (like pressing HOME in excel or SPSS)

    Gnumeric also uses HOME to go fully left.  So it seems that we are
    in the minority in that for us, it goes to the first row.

    Gnumeric also has the following keybindings that we should
    probably implement (for both sheets):

    Ctrl-Left:  First column
    Ctrl-Right: Last column
    Ctrl-Up:   First row
    Ctrl-Down: Last Row

(Reported by rocko mazuki <address@hidden> and John Darrington.)

Data sheet
----------

The case buttons at the head of each row should not scroll with the
rest of the row.  (Reported by John Darrington.)

The space to the right of the "new variable" column doesn't look like
the SPSS sheet or like a normal spreadsheet.  (Reported by John
Darrington and Michel Boaventura.)

I think a solid line or some kind of separator beneath the data
sheet's entry/label hbox would make the appearance nicer.  (Reported
by John Darrington and Michel Boaventura.)

If I click on Insert Case, the new case assumes the value of the cell
which is currently selected.  It should have all values empty.  This
happens only on Windows.  (Reported by John Darrington.)

Large copies hang.

jmd: 1. Load a datafile and switch to the variable view.
jmd: 2. Double click on  a row header button.
jmd: 3. The view (correctly) switches to the data view.  But it should also
change the selected cell to the variable corresponding to the row that was
clicked.  It doesn't do that.