pspp-dev

Re: error(?) in trimmed mean?

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: error(?) in trimmed mean?
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 16:06:05 +0200

On Thu, May 09, 2013 at 02:55:22PM +0200, Olaf Nöhring wrote:
     Hi

     maybe I found an error...:
     Please excuse errors in the labels, I am using a german version
     of SPSS and PSPP. I attached an image of what I mean and the .sav
     file.

     How to reproduce the "error":

        load mm.sav in spss (v21) and latest pspp

        choose cases -> by time / case
                choose case 1 to 100

        Analyse -> Descriptive Statistics -> Eplorative Data analysis
                Select "Nettomiete in EUR [nm]" as Dependent Variable
                From the "Statistics" Button chose "Descriptive" (with
     confidence of 95% in SPSS)
                (In SPSS I chose only in the OUTPUT area at the bottom
     "Statistics" -> no graphics)

        Please note in the output of both (see attached screenshot) that
     the trimmed mean is different!

     I do not understand why. Is this an error?

It certainly looks like something we need to investigate.  Thanks for
pointing this out.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3