pspp-dev

Re: Icons disappeared

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Icons disappeared
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 11:23:48 +0200

It is without doubt commit 280548cf45cc2fa308c76ebee7aa62cc9a0b168c
which was the commit which introduced Bastien's icons.

The most obvious difference is, that before, we provided only one set of
icons which had to suffice for all resolutions (hence they looked clunky).
Bastien did the job properly and provided two sets of icons, one for 16x16
and one for 24x24 (which on GNU/Linux provides for a much more pleasing
effect).

Now it would seem that on Windows, the 24x24 icons simply do not appear.

Why this is so, I don't know.  As I understand it, if an icon of the desired
resolution cannot be found, GTK is supposed to use a nearby resolution and
scale it to fit.   But this doesn't seem to be happening.

J'

On Thu, Sep 05, 2013 at 10:29:09AM +0200, Harry Thijssen wrote:
     > >and those never caused extra trouble on Windows
     > (right?).

     Right

     >  So what's the difference between now and then?

     That is the question.

     Maybe this gives a hint: When using the tarball from 2013-08-06 the icons
     in the menus are also not correctly displayed!! When using the tarball form
     2013-08-16 the icons in the menus are correctly displayed. But in the
     toolbar still not. If necessary I can try to narrow the gap to find out
     which day this behaviour changed.

     Have fun

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3