pspp-dev

Suggestion: Use Tango color palette for PSPP output file

From: Bastián Díaz
Subject: Suggestion: Use Tango color palette for PSPP output file
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 20:00:14 -0700 (PDT)

As an improvement on the visualization of the output data for PSPP, I recommend
using the Tango color palette.
(http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Icon_Theme_Guidelines)

It is the same color palette I used for the new artwork for PSPP and the color
palette is used by many other OpenSource projects.

Examples of use:

→ When you open an HTML file from a web browser (Firefox), the default style
displays a gray background in the row/column title
(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5204736/PSPP_Output_Firefoxview.png). This
seems very dark gray.
I recommend: #eeeeec or #d3d7cf

→ Colors for plots generated by "plotutils" in PSPP.

→ Colors for syntax highlighting.

This idea stems that many PSPP users working in academic or professionalarea,
and any small improvement in the visualization of the output data can be very
welcome. PSPP also gives coherence and elegance in its design.

Regards

--
Bastián Díaz