pspp-dev

Re: Change image for "about" dialogue

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Change image for "about" dialogue
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 18:26:04 +0200

On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 07:41:51AM -0700, Bastián Díaz wrote:
     John, now that you've added support for scalable version of the
application icon, could redirect the image to be used in the about dialogue in
a larger size? (eg. 128x128).

     I really do not know how to make that change and do not want to break
something.

     In the last update I changed the icon for about dialogue by the
applicationicon, since many applications use the same configuration and it
seemed the most appropriate. Now with support scalable icon, it is not
necessary to duplicate the same image.

You are asking for two things:

1.  The pspp-about.png file should be dropped, because pspp.png (or pspp.svg)
contains the same image.

2.  You want the image in the about dialog to be 128x128

#1 is a good idea.

But #2 is not such a good idea.  Although we currently force the image to 64x64
we should really leave it up to
the system what size it wants.

PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3