pspp-dev

Re: gtk3 and MSWindows

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: gtk3 and MSWindows
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 12:11:28 +0200

Hi Friedrich

I cross-compile on openSUSE for MSWindows. So the regression test included in the package won't work. :-(

When running dbg on psppire it should run in wine or on mswindows. It seems to be possible to run might be possible to run winedbg but I have no experience with it (nor with dbg) and it is a long time ago I used a debugger at all.

This issue is not specific to the GTK3 branch as I had it some time ago with the master branch. After a few months it disappeared and now it is back for the gtk3 branch. The difference appears when I update my toolchain.

As I use very recent packages for building, I wouldn't be surprised if this problem will arise for other builds in the future too.

My packages:

Name: Atk
Version: 2.16.0

Name: cairo-fc
Version: 1.14.2

Name: cairo-ft
Version: 1.14.2

Name: cairo-gobject
Version: 1.14.2

Name: cairo
Version: 1.14.2

Name: cairo-pdf
Version: 1.14.2

Name: cairo-png
Version: 1.14.2

Name: cairo-ps
Version: 1.14.2

Name: cairo-script
Version: 1.14.2

Name: cairo-svg
Version: 1.14.2

Name: cairo-tee
Version: 1.14.2

Name: cairo-win32-font
Version: 1.14.2

Name: cairo-win32
Version: 1.14.2

Name: Fontconfig
Version: 2.10.92

Name: FreeType 2
Version: 16.1.10

Name: Gail
Version: 3.14.2

Name: Gail
Version: 2.24.23

Name: GDK
Version: 2.24.23

Name: GDK
Version: 3.14.2

Name: GdkPixbuf
Version: 2.30.8

Name: GDK
Version: 2.24.23

Name: GDK
Version: 3.14.2

Name: GIO
Version: 2.44.0

Name: GIO Windows specific APIs
Version: 2.44.0

Name: GLib
Version: 2.44.0

Name: GModule
Version: 2.44.0

Name: GModule
Version: 2.44.0

Name: GModule
Version: 2.44.0

Name: GObject
Version: 2.44.0

Name: GSL
Version: 1.14

Name: GThread
Version: 2.44.0

Name: GTK+
Version: 2.24.23

Name: GTK+
Version: 3.14.2

Name: gtksourceview
Version: 2.10.4

Name: gtksourceview
Version: 3.12.3

Name: GTK+
Version: 2.24.23

Name: GTK+
Version: 3.14.2

Name: harfbuzz
Version: 0.9.29

Name: harfbuzz
Version: 0.9.29
Version: 53.1

Name: icu-i18n
Version: 53.1

Name: icu-io
Version: 53.1

Name: icu-le
Version: 53.1

Name: icu-lx
Version: 53.1

Name: icu-uc

Name: Libglade
Version: 2.6.4

Name: libpng
Version: 1.6.11

Name: libpng
Version: 1.6.11

Name: libXML
Version: 2.9.0

Name: Pango Cairo
Version: 1.36.8

Name: Pango FT2 and Pango Fc
Version: 1.36.8

Name: Pango
Version: 1.36.8

Name: Pango Win32
Version: 1.36.8

Name: Pixman
Version: 0.30.0

Name: zlib
Version: 1.2.8

have fun

Hi Harry,

do you have the same test failures in the regression as Jeremy on mac? The size-request warning should be fixed in the current tree now.
Is it possible for you to run psppire from gdb?

Friedrich