pspp-dev

Re: pspp gtk3 mswindows

From: Friedrich Beckmann
Subject: Re: pspp gtk3 mswindows
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2015 21:27:24 +0200

Hi folks,

John is currently on vacation but he had some thoughts regarding the merge. See

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/pspp-dev/2015-05/msg00053.html

About 5 minutes after the email from John, Harry send an email that he fixed
the windows
resizing crash: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?45213

John fixed this one: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?45215

The histogram rendering problem:  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?45192
is only circumvented as the decimal module is currently still in use. I am
currently
looking into that.

We have at least these issues open:

gtk3 histogram render: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?45192

gtk3/osx output window renders wrong: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?45229

gtk3 splash screen disabled: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?45254

gtk3 transition code: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?45267

Further we have a lot of deprecation warnings when compiling the code. I
noticed that the
style handling was a real thing, so that should be adapted to gtk3.

gtk3 deprecation warnings: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?45268

I would follow Johns proposal to do some more testing on the different
platforms because each platform
showed different problems which is probably due to the different gtk3 versions.
And we have no regression
on the guiā€¦

However: we do not have more known problems today. gtk3 compiles and runs on
all platforms without immediate crash.

Friedrich